• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 large onion, finely chopped
• 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
• 1/2 stick of celery, chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 pound 99% fat-free ground turkey
• 2 tbsp chili powder
• 2 tsp ground cumin
• 1 tsp oregano
• 1/2 tsp ground coriander
• 1-14 1/2-ounce can crushed tomatoes
• 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce, no salt added
• 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
• Heat oil in a large fry pan. Add onion, celery, chopped pepper and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes or until onions are translucent. Crumble the turkey into the pan, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon.
• Cook for about 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir in chili powder, cumin, coriander and oregano. Add in tomatoes and tomato sauce, and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beans, mix well and cook on low heat for a further 5-10 minutes. After this, move to a crock pot and cook on low heat for 3 hours.
Serve with Cilantro and Greek Yogurt on top!
Per Serving: Calories 300, Calories from Fat 51, Total Fat 6g (sat 0.6g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 440mg, Carbohydrate 33g, Fiber 10.2g, Protein 29g