About This Episode:
Why Build a Blog:
– Create a brand
– Become an Opinion leader
– WordPress.org: this is a free platform, but you will need somewhere to host it, but if you are really building a brand, its what you need.
– WordPress.com: its free, and better than nothing. If you eventually plan on going to wordpress.org, then this is the best place to start because content can easily be commuted.
– blogger.com: its owned by Google, and that’s the end to the positives.
– squarespace.com: I haven’t used it, but its been recommended to me. I Lacks the ability to add a lot of SEO, which is the real downside to it.
- Get a Domain- I usually use Go Daddy, but there are plenty of places you can get them. Just make sure that its something people will be looking for, Google ad words has a free keyword tool which is a good place to start and will show how many people are searching for a certain keyword.
- Find a Host: I use Hostgator and I have for a long time, it comes highly recommended from me. It allows me to have email too, which a lot of hosts charge you extra for.
- Point name servers –> https://www.godaddy.com/help/change-nameservers-for-your-domain-names-664 they said it way better, so I’m not going to add to it.
- Install WordPress – this is super easy, pretty much two clicks
- Create @ Domain email
- Select a theme – I find Elegant themes to be easier and better for search rank; its what this site is built on.
- Make WordPress into a real website- basically making a static front page, but if you’re using Elegant themes, then you may want to skip this step; totally up to you.
- Create content – Boom! Add value to as many people as you humanly can, within you niche of course.
- Yoast- its a free plugin, install it and thank me later.
I’ll be adding a link to get the Facebook branding pdf in a day or two
[spp-reviews max=3 style=“list”]